Monday, January 27, 2014

Layouts with the Shabby Chalet Kit, Swirlydoos


 Hi everyone! I'm excited to share two more pages I made using the Swirlydoos January Kit, Shabby Chalet. I just loved this kit! The Fabscraps papers are so pretty and easy to work with!
For this page I wanted to do a monochromatic color scheme. So, I just used the gray-ish papers and embellishments. I first did all the deep distressing then painted on some gesso. Once dried I added some mist and molding paste. Then from there just layered up on the paper and embellishments.

 Here I wanted a softer more elegant feel and went with the light pink and green. I have a collection of vintage images and just HAD to use this lovely picture of a Ballet Dancer. I  did some light distressing and misting. The papers are sooo pretty it was hard so cut them up. So, I used larger pieces and less embellishments.


Be sure to come visit again on February 5th for the February reveal and blog hop! I'll be doing Anatomy of a Layout and here is a sneak peek!

Thanks for taking the time!
♥♥♥

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

These look beautiful.. love the greys and the floral is gorgeous too!

Barbara J. said...

such soft colors touch my inner being